Coping with vision loss : maximizing what you can see and do, Bill G. Chapman ; illustrated by George H. PollockThe Resource Coping with vision loss : maximizing what you can see and do, Bill G. Chapman ; illustrated by George H. Pollock
- Coping with vision loss : maximizing what you can see and do, Bill G. Chapman ; illustrated by George H. Pollock
- Title remainder
- maximizing what you can see and do
- Statement of responsibility
- Bill G. Chapman ; illustrated by George H. Pollock
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 274-275) and index
- Visual acuity -- Understanding the eye -- How we see -- Eye fatigue and pain -- Emotional issues -- Doctors -- Perks and privileges -- Cataracts -- Diabetic retinopathy -- Glaucoma -- Macular degeneration -- Retinitis pigmentosa -- The first principle: get closer -- Eccentric viewing -- Scanning -- Light -- Contrast enhancement -- Talking appliances and large-print products -- Magnification: make it bigger -- Low-vision aids and their use -- How much magnification? -- Video visual aids -- Elvis [LVES--Low Vision Enhancement System] and Jordy -- Aids for the computer user -- Special aids for field loss -- Aids for driving -- Aids for watching television -- Aids for writing -- Handling money -- Playing cards (and analyzing visual tasks) -- Reading a watch -- A survival kit -- Education -- Driving with telescopic glasses: an introduction -- Driving with telescopic glasses: a training program -- Misconceptions about driving with telescopic glasses -- Epilogue -- Appendix A: an eye test chart -- Appendix B: Sources of help -- Appendix C: instructions for building a light plate -- Endnotes -- Bibliography -- Index
- Control code
- 25 cm.
- xviii, 282 p.
- Form of item
- large print
- Other physical details
ContextContext of Coping with vision loss : maximizing what you can see and do, Bill G. Chapman ; illustrated by George H. Pollock
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by St. Clair County Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.